The Mind of A MadMan.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Mirror.
I looked in the mirror today and realized what I've become. The one statistic that no black man wants to be. And its all my fault, I've had the whole summer to get my shit together, and I havent by my own choice. I knew what I had to do, I need I had responsibilites to take care off, but I keep nonchalantly brushing them off as no big deal because for the first time in 19yrs, I could just chill. I admit, I enjoyed doing nothing, sad but true. Now I have to deal with the consequences and I have to dig out off a slump I put myself in. I have to do it alone, I have to learn how to accept my responibilites and realize that I have to be able to take care of myself and count on myself and have my own best interest in mind. Its fine to live int he present, but only when you keep your eye on the prize, and thats the future. I lost sight of mine, and didnt really care for a good minute, I got caught up in the present and my fun and I didnt realize that I need to be working toward my future to make sure that I'll be well off and comfortable. I thought that I could push it off until it became most prudent, but its most prudent now. I didnt realize that until I looke dinto the mirror.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment